Friday, January 15, 2016

The Next Two Weeks . . .

 . . .  well, they were filled with looking at houses and more exploring.  We were getting used to this little town we now called home.

Since my husband started his new job so quickly, Morgan and I were assigned the task to go look at houses with our realtor, and he was so understanding about me bringing a dog with me.  Most of the time she would stay in the car (with the air conditioner running, of course).  Or, on the days when my husband was able to go look at houses, one of us would go in the house and the other would stay in the car with her.  She was a trooper through the whole thing!

And then, there were the days when she and I would just go out and explore, mostly to get out of the hotel room . .. it was cozy, but it was small and both of us would get a bit stir crazy every now and again.

One of our favorite spots to go was to Lake Waco. . .


One weekend we went to an art festival down at Indian Creek . . . they had a bunch of tables set up for Kid's Crafts . . . it made my heart happy to see so many people there with their kids doing art!


It also made me long for my craft room . . . I did have some supplies with me, so I was able to do a little bit while we were looking for a house, but oh . . . how I missed all my crafty stuff.



I was very much looking forward to the day when I could unpack all those goodies . . . and little did I know, it wasn't too far away. . . because my husband came home from work one day and said that a co-worker knew a couple who was thinking about selling their house  . . . and gave him their number.

So, I called the gentleman and set up a time to see the house. . . asking for permission, of course, to bring my dog.  He was kind enough to allow it.

Off I went, with Morgan in tow, to check it out.

It was perfect.  Absolutely perfect.  Not too big. . . not too small . . .nice sized yard for our girl. Perfect.

I was pretty sure I had found our new home. . . but I wanted my husband to see it, and I also wanted our realtor to see it.

The following Friday, we all went back to the house to take another look . . . my husband liked it as much as I did . . .and Morgan . . . well, she made herself right at home and starting rolling in the grass in the backyard.

Yes. . . this was the perfect house for us to make our home.

An offer was made . . . and accepted. . .

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

10