Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Last Two Years . . .

. . . have been a whirlwind.  And I have definitely slacked on keeping this little blog o'mine up to date.  But ya know what?  My blog(s) have always been crafty blogs . . . mostly stamping and card making, with an occasional art journal page and paper crafting project thrown in for good measure.

And I've wanted to get back to a crafty blog . . .sooooooooo, I'm going to sum up the last two years using bullet points (so as not leave you hanging) . . .you know. . . like bullet journaling . .. only on a blog.

Ready?  Here we go:

* We lived in a hotel for six weeks until we found the cutest little house that is perfect for us.


* Six weeks later my beloved car of 17 years, Emily finally gave out.


* Two weeks later, our sweet little Jacob found us. . . Morgan got a brother!


* Two weeks after that, we celebrated our first Christmas in Texas.




* Three months later, our sweet little Jacob got sick. . .very, very sick.  He caught Leptospirosis and spent a whole week in the hospital.


* We were so happy (and relieved) when he finally got to come home.


* I finally decided on furniture for my craft room . . . I think that was the most difficult room to unpack and put together . . . and it took a really long time to get things organized and put away. . .







Once I did though . . . I started crafting right away . . . but all those will be posted a bit later. . .

*Spring 2016, Morgan blew out her knee . . .we opted not to put her through the surgery due to her age and she has anxiety issues, too.  Since she injured her knee, we had to shorten our walks. . . until we got her a cart.


At first, they weren't too sure about it, but they got used to it pretty quickly.

* One of the things we like to do is go on long walks down by the river . . . spring is the perfect time, because, well . . .summers are definitely hot here.




I gotta tell ya . . . the wildflowers here are absolutely beautiful.

Summer 2016, because it does get so hot, I learned how to make lemonade concentrate from scratch.. . it turned out amazing!  And, I tend to cook outside during the summer . . .and Jacob proudly watches over whatever is cooking.  And, I finally got a flag for the front of the house.




Fall 2016 . . .  Fall is definitely my favorite season . . . I love a good thunderstorm, and of course Halloween . . . oh, and, after almost a year of being without one. . . we finally bought a car.


Winter 2016 . . . We have been in our house a little over a year and absolutely love living here.  We've settled in to a "routine" as it were.   And I started stamping more and more since we were finally settled in.



Jan. - Mar. 2017 . . . 











April - June 2017 . . .











July - Sept, 2017...
I decided to take a Yoga Teacher Training Class that was offered at YogaPod . . . it was 200 hours in nine weeks.  It was intense . . . but the instructors were absolutely amazing . . . and my classmates were awesome, too!  Beautiful souls . . .each and every one of them.   


And . . . I got some stamping and coloring squeezed in there, too . . .




 And we also went to our first Baylor game . . . it was sooooo much fun!


Oct. - Dec. 2017 . . . 




















And we finished out 2017 with snow. . . 

And there you have it . . . two years in one very long post.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10