Wednesday, July 25, 2018

BIG Beautiful Flowers

Oh, hey there!  I finally got around to adding little buttons that link to my Instagram, Facebook Page, and Pinterest Board.  See?  Over there . . . to the right.

Little by little, this blog o'mine is coming together.

Okey dokey . . .on to today's card.  This stamp. . . you guys! It is one seriously large stamp and I love it!  Actually, I love the whole set!  My heart was all a-flutter when I saw Jennifer McGuire use it in this video.

The funny thing is, she didn't use the flower stamp at all . . . just one of the sentiments.  But I still had to have the set because of the large flower stamp.  Take a look.  That spray of roses is just breathtaking! Am I right??

Copics used: Roses - W1, W3, W5, R81, R83, R85, R59
Flower Centers - Y11, Y13, Y08; Leaves - C1, C3, YG01, YG03, G07
Now, then. . . I have a confession to make.  I'm addicted to YouTube. It's a recent addiction, and it all started with me looking for Copic tutorials.  I was quite out of practice with my beloved markers, and really needed some guidance and inspiration.

During one of my searches, I came across Kelly Latevola.  (You may recall her name from this post.) She has amazing tips and tricks when it comes to using Copics.  Did you notice that I listed gray markers to color this image?  Well, watch this video and you'll see why.

So, for this card, I used the rose spray and "happy birthday" sentiment from the Beautiful Flowers stamp set by Simon Says stamp.  For the background, I used the Background Trellis 2 Die and Happy Birthday Designer Die from WPlus9.

I have a feeling that I'll be using the stamp set and the background die for a whole lot of cards in the very near future!

So glad you stopped by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10