Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Eh, I Don't Love It

And there are a few reason why.
First, I'm not much of a purple person, but I wanted to practice using my purple Copics, so that's how this ended up being purple.
Second, I colored it on Natural White cardstock, instead of Solar White.  Not that I don't like the cardstock, because I do. . . it's perfect for Copics. But it did dull the colors a bit. I probably should have used warm colors instead of cool.  So, I learned something there.
Third, it's missing something, but I can't seem to find just the right embellishment to throw on there.

Copics used: Roses - C1, C3, C5, BV02, BV04, BV17, Y11, Y13, Y08;
Leaves - YG01, YG03, G07 

So, why am I posting a card that I don't love? Well, I think everyone has a project that they're not happy with and so they don't post it anywhere and I thought, even though I don't like it much, I did learn something and that would be good to share.

Over all, I really like the layout of the card, and I'll probably use it again with a different color palette. And of course, with the Beautiful Flowers stamp set because it's really good for practicing Copics. . . especially, because in addition to the One Layer Wonders class, I'm also taking a Coloring Class with Kit and Clowder.

And there ya have it. . . a card that I don't totally love, but I got good practice coloring, I do love the layout, the stamps are fantastic quality and all of those things are worth posting about.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10