Thursday, January 25, 2018

Another Journal Page

So, when it comes to art journaling, I have to admit that I'm not one to use paint or ink sprays very often.  It takes too long to dry. . . even with a heat tool.  So, I tend to use ink pads instead . . . very little dry time, if any at all depending on the type of ink I use.

Currently, my favorite inks to use are Distress Oxide inks . . . I really love the soft chalky finish. . . and how nicely they blend.


So for this page, I started by adhering a piece of sheet music for my first layer.  I did a light coat of gesso over that to tone down the sheet music.  Then I used a stencil by The Crafter's Workshop and added Worn Lipstick and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks.  I used another stencil with Broken China Distress Oxide ink for another layer and yet another stencil with Fired Brick Distress Oxide ink.

It's still a work in progress . . . but I'm loving how it's coming together.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10