Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Perhaps They are Not Stars

When it comes to card making, I tend to be very structured . . . everything has to be just so.  And every now and again, I like to step out of that little box just to be a little less orderly. . .and that is where my art journal comes in.

Working in my journal gives me the opportunity to just be messy and not over think anything.  It also helps me get back to being structured, if that makes any sense.

Aaaaaannnnnyyyyywwhhoooo. . . . here's a page:



My sister passed away in November 2016. . . when I created this page, I had been thinking about her a lot.  I really miss her.  So I pulled out my journal, Distress Oxide Inks, and stamps from Power Poppy.

I chose the succulent stamps because my sister loved them . . .and she had a beautiful succulent garden in her back yard.

I started by applying the inks on the page using a blending tool.  Then I splattered a bit of water to get the ink to oxidize.  I drew the moon by hand and added some doodles and some highlights with a white gel pen.  I stamped the succulents along the bottom in Distress Oxide ink as well.  The sentiment was printed from my computer.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10