Sunday, August 19, 2018

Happy 100th

Hello!  Just a quick post for today.  But one that I definitely think is worthy.

My neighbor asked me to make a birthday card for her mom.   So, I asked, what's her favorite color, do you have anything specific in mind, etc., etc.

She said her mom's favorite color is pink. And she would like fireworks on the card. And then she told me that her mom will be celebrating her 100th birthday.

ONE.HUNDREDTH.

Fireworks on the card?  Sheeesh . . .the town she lives in should be giving Miss Birthday Girl her own firework show!

So, onto the card.  I sat and thought and thunk and thought some more and finally came up with an idea.  Here it is and I am so pleased with how it turned out!


The first thing I did was use my Cricut to cut out the "100th" from 110 lb. Neenah Classic Crest card stock.  Then I randomly stamped the fireworks in Rose Bud, Cantaloupe, and Dandelion Memento Ink. I stamped the little fireworks in Pearlescent Lime Brilliance Ink.

I cut out Happy and Jennie using my Cricut once again.  I did cut them twice so I could stack them just for a little more oomph.

Then I turned it into a shaker card with orange seed beads. I then applied an insane amount of foam tape on the back and there ya have it!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10