Thursday, April 26, 2018

Happy Birthday Hippo

I recently got my hands on the super cute Happy Hippos stamp set from MFT and when I saw the inspiration board for this weeks Tic Tac Toe Challenge, I just knew I had to use them along with the Celebration Balloon Collage from PoppyStamps.




I chose the diagonal from the bottom left going up to the top right.


I wasn't planning on posting a "how-to," but there were a few steps involved to get those yellow balloons.  And, I apologize in advance for the really bad pictures; I had initially taken them so I would remember how I made the card.

So, the first thing I did was cut a piece of patterned cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4" and then placed the Celebration Balloon Collage die in the center and ran it through my Big Shot.


Then I cut it again from a piece of yellow cardstock.


I cut the balloons away from the frame.  As you can see, I wasn't too neat about it because I knew I was going to put a frame over it.


Now to get that black frame to fit around the Balloon Collage die, I did a little dance with my Cricut machine.  If you would like to know which image I used and the measurements, drop me a comment and I'll gladly share it with you.

And finally, I cut a piece of white card stock just a tad bit smaller than the patterned card stock to "fill in" the frame.

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10