Sunday, April 8, 2018

Everything Can Be Fixed

It's true . . . it's very rare that a "mistake" cannot be fixed when it comes to card making or any paper crafting project really . . . consider it an opportunity for embellishment, or practicing fussy cutting.

Hence, my next two cards.

Perhaps you recall the other Orchid cards?  There is a spray of unopened buds that comes out from the flower in the top right.  Well, I attempted to do a partial die cut on this one and all I can say about that is, "Whoops."

So, I just grabbed those scissors o' mine and cut it out.  See? Problem solved.


I used Gray Flannel Memento ink to stamp the orchids and I ever.so.lightly sponged Tattered Rose Distress ink on the oval behind the orchids.

Here are the markers I used:


On this next card,  I had originally covered the image with a mask and sponged around it, with the intention of having the focal point of the card be a rectangle.  But one slip of the paper trimmer, and whoops! Time to grab the scissors . . . 


For the background die, I used the Majestic Labels 25 from Spellbinders.  I am in love with all the intricate details in this die set!  I also sponged a tad bit of Antique Linen Distress ink around the edges.

Here are the markers I used to color the orchids:


Thanks for visiting today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10