Thursday, April 5, 2018

Peony and Mandalas

Squeeeeeee!  My Spellbinders stamps have arrived!

First up . . . the Medium Peony Cool Vibes set.

When I sat down to color these images, I didn't have a plan. . . I just wanted to color!  So when it came time to actually put the cards together, I was stumped for a bit.

I knew that I didn't want to take away from the colored image, but I also knew that I wanted contrast. I also cut this one out by hand because once again, one of my markers decided to pool at the tip and drop a big old splotch of ink . . . twice.  I almost gave up, but decided that it was totally worth it to at least try and salvage it.  It worked!

The background that I stamped (to get the contrast that I was looking for) is from the Feather Stamp and Die set.  It worked out perfectly, don't you think?


Here are the colors I used . . . plus BG10 . . . because it got left out of the picture.

For the second card, I wanted a softer watercolor-y background.  The easiest way for me to achieve that is using Distress Oxide inks.  So, for this background I used Royal Sundance Felt Card Stock because is has a nice texture and holds up well with lots of water.
I smooshed Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey Distress Oxide inks directly on my non-stick craft sheet.  I sprayed a light coat of water on the card stock and the ink on my craft sheet.  Then I smooshed the cardstock into the ink a la Tim Holtz style.  I think (for the first time ever) I actually liked what I got the first time . . . it usually takes me 48 tries before I'm happy with a background.

 

Here are the colors I used:


The sentiment stamp is from Hero Arts.


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

10