Saturday, June 23, 2018

Super Moon Triad & A Gnome

Greetings!  Let's start with the cosmic stuff, shall we?

A friend of mine sent me this article about the Super Moon Triad and all the weird things that go along with it.  When I got to the list of what some of the "side effects" might be, I had an A-ha! moment.  Especially with "obsessing over little details" . . . whew!

I've been practicing coloring pleats with my Copics . . . and being that I've been obsessing over it, let's just say . .. um, I need more practice.

Anywhooooo . . . on to the card.  Today we have the adorable Gnome on a Swing by Stamping Bella.  I do love that he has a coordinating die.  It's a pretty simple card, but I really wanted all attention to be on that dude.

Copics used: Branch & Swing - E31, E33, E35, E37; Leaves - YG01, YG23, YG17;
Catepillar - BV000, BV01, BV11, BV17; Hat - BG10, BG13, BG15, BG09
Skin - E00, E51, E53, Shoes - YR04, YR07, YR18; Beard - C1, C3
For the tree trunk, I ran a piece of Kraft card stock through the Big Shot with an embossing folder.  I sponged a bit of Vintage Photo Distress Ink to bring out the wood grain.  The grassy border is a die from My Favorite Things.  (WHY did I wait sooooo long to order that??) And, of course, I had to sponge some clouds in the background.

The Super Moon thing is supposed to last through August. . . so, I'll be hiding in my studio until it's over.

Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

10