Monday, May 7, 2018

A Single Layer Card?

Me?  Oh my, but this was a challenge!  Yep . . .from this week's Tic Tac Toe Challenge.  So, here's the latest Tic Tac Toe Board:


I chose the center vertical line (Sponge/Brush, Sunset, & Single Layer).  And, as I mentioned, it was definitely a challenge to do a single layer card. I'm so used to using lots of dies and lots of patterned paper, which of course, leads to lots of layers.

So here's my card for this weeks challenge:


The first thing I did was use painter's tape to create a mask for a rectangle in the center.  Next, I sponged Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade and Wild Honey Distress Oxide Inks to create the sunset.  With the painter's tape still in tact, I stamped the small mandala and sentiment using Onyx Black VersaFine ink from the Sunflower Good Vibes stamp set from Spellbinders.  And finally, I used a fine point black pen to draw a frame.

And . . . yep. . . I had to spritz water on the Distress Oxide ink . . .I just couldn't help myself!

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful single layer card, Cat!! Love those Oxide Ink effects, too. Thanks so much for joining us at Tic Tac Toe Challenge -- see you there again soon!

    ReplyDelete

10