Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Sassy Succulents

Black and White with a Pop of Color?  Sign me up!  That's the monthly Power & Spark Challenge over on the Power Poppy Blog. (You can read all about it right here.)



As I was going through my Power Poppy stamps, I decided to use Sassy Succulents.  I don't know about you, but when I think of succulents, I automatically think of dusty green.  And those were the colors I went with when I first colored them up . . . dusty greens. 

And then I thought, "Hmph, that's not very dramatic at all.  Pretty, but not dramatic."

So, off to the Google I go and look look look what I found!  Squeeeeeee!  I am always drawn to oranges and corals, so I decided to use the photo below for my color inspiration.

Photo from www.simplysucculents.com
And, here's what I came up with:

Copics used: YR00, YR02, R05, G43, G46
I was originally just going to color part of the image and leave it flat, but decided to reach deep in the technique archives and do a true "Spotlight" by cutting the colored part down and mounting it on a piece of black cardstock.  So, glad I did!  I'm quite happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for visiting today!


1 comment:

  1. Woweee! Lovin’ this Cat! What a beauty! I love the inspiration photo and you nailed the challenge too. Gorgeous work! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

    ReplyDelete

10