Thursday, May 3, 2018

Fairies en Pointe

I had intended on using this background for my Moon Flower card (see post here), but it didn't quite work out.

I set it aside and moved on the my next project.  I kept it on my table where I could see it.  Every time I looked at it, I thought of "night" . . . but with that light green at the bottom, I kept thinking "something magical."

I was in the kitchen washing dishes when the idea came to mind.  I remembered that I had the fairy dies from PoppyStamps. (You can see them here, here, and here.)  I don't think I even finished washing the dishes.

And they worked perfectly.


I created the background with Broken China, Peacock Feathers, and Cracked Pistachio Distress Oxide inks (and of course, splattered some water on there).

I added a strip of black cardstock to give the fairies something stand on.  After I die-cut the fairies, I ran them through my little Xyron to make sure I had adhesive on those delicate wings.  Finished it up by stamping the sentiment (Hampton Arts) with Onyx Black VersaFine ink.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty -- don't you love when it all comes together? What tool do you use to blend the Oxide inks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use the Mini Ink Blending tool by Tim Holtz. Something about the foam being "dense" really makes blending easier . .. that and the non-stick craft sheet.

      Delete

10